Collaboration software that can help people effectively share and manage information, make business decisions quickly, and streamline the way they work. IBM Lotus Notes and Domino 8/8.5 software makes it easier to integrate line of business solutions and data with composite applications.
People who want to grow as a Lotus Notes/Domino Administrator
People with basic understanding of computers, networks and internet
- What is Domino/Notes?
- What is a Domino database?
- What is a directory?
- What is Notes Client?
- What is the Domino Administrator?
- What is Designer Client ?
- Types of Domino Server
Lotus Notes Client
Preparing outgoing messages
- customizing outgoing messages with letterheads and signatures
- using your address book
- using the Out of Office Agent
- performing basic Mail tasks to create, send, reply, and forward messages
- working with attachments
- creating sections of information within a document
- formatting message content
- adding header and footer content to prepare a document for printing
- using keyboard shortcuts
Managing your Inbox
- setting mail preferences
- using color coding to organize incoming messages
- arranging the display of your mail Inbox
- organizing messages with personal folders
- removing and deleting messages
- creating, moving, deleting, renaming, and finding folders
- finding and printing messages
- archiving mail
Using the Calendar and managing the To Do list
Personalizing your calendar
- setting calendar preferences
- assigning colors to calendar entries
- printing the calendar
Scheduling your dates
- navigating the calendar
- adding and modifying calendar entries
- sending and accepting meeting invitations
- creating To Do tasks
- tracking incomplete To Do tasks
Working with databases
- opening and navigating a library database
- Sending Database links or document links to other users
Managing and customizing the user Notes environment
- managing the Notes desktop
- managing bookmarks
- creating a new default desktop
- customizing a user’s desktop environment
- identifying the Notes initialization file
- accommodating multiple users on a single workstation
- breaking down a Notes client
- browsing the Web from Notes
Install the Domino server software
- set up the first Domino server
- create a additional certifiers for servers and users per an established naming scheme
- create server IDs per an established naming scheme
- set up servers in the Domino domain
- create administrators groups
- create internal Domino user IDs per an established naming scheme
Install the Notes workstation software:
- add workstations to a Domino Domain
- specify administration preferences
- What is a domain?
- What is a Domino Named Network (DNN)?
- What is a certifier ID?
- What is a Notes ID?
- What is a server ID?
- what are certificates (Notes and X.509)
- hierarchical naming components
- What is an organization?
- What is an organizational unit?
- designing a hierarchical naming scheme
- authentication/anonymous access
- What is a group?
- database access control lists (ACL)
- workstation Execution Control Lists (ECL)
- Domino Server Security
- Domino Application Security
- Troubleshooting Access issues
Managing Domino databases
- applying database security
- defining access control lists (ACL)
- choosing a database template update option
- managing the size of a database
- archiving database documents
- troubleshooting Domino databases
- How does mail route?
- What are the components for mail routing?
- What routing protocols does Domino support?
- How does mail route within a DNN?
- How does mail route between DNNs?
- What is a mail routing topology?
- What other mail protocols does Domino support?
- configure basic and advanced settings for SMTP routing
- Monitoring and Maintaining Mail Routing
- identifying mail delivery problems
- Troubleshooting Mail routing issues
- What is replication?
- replication terms
- replication logic – source/target servers and source/target documents
- methods to initiate replication
- factors that affect replication
- replica databases
Setting up and troubleshooting replication
- creating a replica copy
- working with ACLs and replication
- setting encryption for a replica
- using replication settings
- setting replication options
- scheduling replication
- tracking replication history
- resolving replication conflicts
Managing users and groups
- moving a user’s mail file
- changing a user’s name
- Assigning Quota
- changing a user’s location in the hierarchy
- extending a Notes ID
- deleting users
- changing a user’s group membership
- managing groups
- renaming groups
- deleting groups
- using the server console window
- What is Transaction logging and how to enable it?
- automating server tasks
- decommissioning a server
- recertifying a server ID
- changing administrator access
- Notes.ini Settings
Setting up server monitoring
- identifying mechanisms for collecting server information
- starting the statistic collector task
- creating event generators
- creating event handlers
- enabling agent logging
Monitoring server performance
- viewing real time statistics
- viewing statistics with server monitor
- using the Domino console
- domino commands
- CPU Performance and Server Disk Space Management
Using troubleshooting resources
- gathering end-user information
- using the Notes log
- using Notes online Help
Resolving server problems
- solving authentication and authorization issues
- using event triggers to troubleshoot problems
- Troubleshooting replication problems
- Troubleshooting connection problems
- solving agent manager issues
- recovering from a server crash
- Analyzing NSD
- Using knowledge base to find solutions
Resolving user problems
- troubleshooting workstation problems
- troubleshooting database issues
- troubleshooting connection problems
- tracking user mail messages
- Important Notes files on user PC
Supporting and troubleshooting calendaring and scheduling
- setting calendar preferences
- using alarms
- creating repeating calendar entries
- adding holidays to the calendar
- troubleshooting the resource reservations database
- troubleshooting group scheduling
- checking the group calendar
- replicating free time
- Types of databases
- Creating New Databases on Server
- Replacing design of existing databases
- Important databases in notes
32 hours (Only Weekends)