Course is designed to provide non-programmers with a solid foundation in the PHP language. This course guides you through the basics of PHP with an experiential approach, filled with numerous examples and hands-on exercises. By the end of the course, you will have completed a functioning Blackjack program while you learn the essentials you need to program in PHP.
Foundations course is designed to provide non-programmers with a solid foundation in the PHP language. This course guides you through the basics of PHP with an experiential approach, filled with numerous examples and hands-on exercises. By the end of the course, you will have completed a functioning Blackjack program while you learn the essentials you need to program in PHP. You will also have the opportunity to use the Zend Studio IDE (Integrated Development Environment) to start your coding adventures the easy and correct way! The Zend Training Center will allow you to code exercises live during the course with your instructor able to both see and coach your progress.
This course is designed for those who want to learn the basics of the PHP language, and assumes some familiarity with web sites – what they are and the very basics of how they work – but no programming experience. Web designers who want to become PHP Developers would certainly benefit from this course.
This course may also be appropriate for those programmers who have only limited exposure to other languages, or who program in a language whose syntax is very different from PHP (e.g., RPG, COBOL). If you are a programmer in a Procedural or OO language, we recommend you take the Quick Start: PHP for Experienced Programmers course.
To learn the basics of the PHP programming language
• Introduction to Programming Languages
• PHP Language Basics: Syntax, Quotes, Comments, Data types
• PHP Variable Basics: Numbers, Constants, Variables, Strings, Arrays
• PHP Control Flow Basics: Operators, Conditionals, Loops
• PHP Functional Basics: Functions, Libraries, Advanced Arrays, File Handling
• PHP Programming Basics: Best Practices, Debugging, Brief Introduction to HTML
• PHP Web Basics: Brief Introduction to Server Communication, Sessions, Security
• PHP Database Basics: Introduction to the MySQL/SQLite Database as it relates to Web Sites
• PHP Application Basics: Best Approaches to Creating Applications; Course project
Duration: 18 hours 3 days – Classroom
The Zend PHP: Higher Structures course
Course is designed to expand a beginning programmer’s understanding of the PHP language. This intermediate-level course builds upon knowledge gained in PHP I: Foundations.
It utilizes a hands-on approach with numerous examples and practical exercises, primarily related to the course’s Blog project, to enhance learning. You will also have the opportunity to use the Zend Studio IDE (Integrated Development Environment) to continue honing your coding skills utilizing best practices and effective tools.
This course continues where PHP I: Foundations leaves off, and is designed for novice PHP developers
who want to further advance their skills in the PHP language and already know the basics of PHP syntax,
language constructs, and web site functionality. Experienced programmers in Procedural and OO
languages should refer to the Quick Start: PHP for Experienced Programmers course description. ILE
programmers are coached to complete the PHP I: Foundations and PHP II: Higher Structures courses, as
the language syntax they are used to is unique and quite different from PHP.
PHP I: Foundations, or equivalent knowledge. **
To learn the essentials for creating web-based PHP applications
• PHP Language Concepts: Scope, Globals, working with Files, Advanced Variable Usage / Array Manipulation and References
• Configuring PHP: PHP.INI configuration considerations
• Regular Expressions: Using Perl-Compatible Regular Expressions in PHP applications
• PHP and OOP Concepts: Principles of Object Oriented Programming and Design, Access Modifiers, Abstract Classes, Interfaces, and more
• Building Applications: Debugging, Security and Validation
• PHP Web Fundamentals: Server Communication, Sessions & Cookies, Working with Forms and Form Validation, Email, HTTP Headers, Buffers & Caches
• PHP Database Basics: Introduction to manipulating database contents using PHP; PDO
• PHP Application Essentials: Best Approaches to Creating Applications; Course project
**This course assumes a thorough grounding in the language and syntax of PHP and does not fully review those topics. It also assumes that students who completed the Foundations course have practiced applying the skills they learned before attempting this next level.
Duration: 18 hours ; 3 days – Classroom
Zend PHP 5 Certification Training
The Zend PHP 5 Certification course prepares experienced PHP programmers for the challenge of passing the PHP certification exam and achieving the status of Zend Certified Engineer (ZCE).
This is a test preparation and PHP review course – it does not teach PHP. The content discusses important information about the exam itself and strategies for answering the exam questions, while providing an in-depth review of the twelve certification topic areas. Participants are continually challenged to test their knowledge with focused quizzes. The course moves at a fast pace, and assumes at least an intermediate skill level in PHP programming.
This course is designed for experienced PHP developers (intermediate-level +) who wish to gain information on how to take and pass the PHP 5 Certification exam while being guided through a quick, intense review of all of the major topics within the 12 certification areas.
At least an intermediate-level knowledge of the twelve topic areas
Preparation for the Zend PHP Certification Exam
• PHP CERTIFICATION: Why Certification; Exam Essentials; Questions and Strategies; Topic Areas
• PHP Basics: Embedding PHP; Variables; Constants; Data Types; Strings; Type Conversions; Operators; Conditions; Loops
• FUNCTIONS: Declaring Functions; Function Parameters; References; Scope; Variable Functions
• ARRAYS: Creating, Filling, Splitting; Adding & Removing Elements; Looping; Checking for Values; Sorting; Comparing; Merging
• PHP AND OOP: Classes; Properties; Methods; Objects; Static Properties Methods; Inheritance; Abstract Classes; Interfaces; Autoloading; Reflection
• STRINGS AND REGEX: Substrings; Comparing & Counting Strings; Phonetic Functions; Strings and Arrays; Formatted Output; RegEx Essentials
• PHP 4/5 DIFFERENCES: Object-Oriented Programming; Other Areas
• DesIgn AND THEORY: Design Patterns: Active Record, Factory, Iterator, MVC, Proxy, Singleton
• FILES, NETWORKS: Resources; Output Files; R/W; File Operations; Wrappers; Streams
• WEB FEATURES: HTTP POST & GET; Accessing Form Data; File Uploads; Cookies
• XML AND WEB SERVICES: XML; SOAP; WSDL; Create & Consume a Web Service; Debugging
• DATABASES: Keys; SQL; Sorting, Grouping, Joins
• SecurIty: Rules; XSS; CSRF; Injections; Sessions; Secure Configurations; Uploads