Testing involves operation of a system or application under controlled conditions and evaluating the results (eg, ‘if the user is in interface A of the application while using hardware B, and does C, then D should happen’). The controlled conditions should include both normal and abnormal conditions. Testing should intentionally attempt to make things go wrong to determine if things happen when they shouldn’t or things don’t happen when they should. It is oriented to ‘detection’.
Who Should Attend
- Software Quality Assurance Analyst
- Test Manager or Tester
- Programmer, Designer or Analyst
- Software/systems engineering professional
- Project Manager
- Development Manager
- Software Engineering Process Group (SEPG) member
- Business Analyst
- Requirements Manager
- Corporate purchasing/acceptance testing professional
- Business client involved in the software testing process
- Experienced Testers wanting to learn automated testing.
- Leads and Managers of QA/Test teams and departments.
- The audience for this course is MCA,BCA,B.Sc(IT),M.Sc(IT),B.Sc,B.Tech or B.E(Any Branch),O Level, A Level, Any Graduate (B.A, B.Comm, etc).
Introduction to SDLC
- Briefing about SDLC
- Briefing abut STLC
- Business scenarios related to testing
- Interview Questions and answers
- Detailed Manual testing concepts
Software Engineering Concepts
- V – Model for testing
- Configuration Management Basics
- Build and Release Process (Patch and hot fix testing strategy)
- Bug tracking tool basics.
- Briefing about Test Plan
- Creation of Test Plan
- Strategy for covering maximum test cases in minimum time.
- Writing the test cases for a live application.
Functional Testing Automation
- Architecture for automation: Complete knowledge about the flow of automation.
- Why do you automate?
- What do you automate?
- Data driven testing?
- Making the automation framework.
- Starting the project automation from the scratch where we give student the maximum exposure in terms for automation.
- How to file a good bug?
- How do you plan your work in the office?
- What are the challenges that you faced in the last 2-3 year of your experience in the company.
- Process that you have learned.
- Prepare the values that you have added in the company since last 2-3 years of experience.
Mercury Tool – QTP – Quick Test Professional
- Recording: Various types of recordings supported in the tool.
- Data Driven Testing: Making the testing scripts data driven.
- Checkpoints: Hands on experience on checkpoints.
- Synchronization Points: Hands on experience on checkpoints on live project.
- Web application testing strategy
- Security testing strategy
- Client Server application testing
- Risk management
- Checking software Changes
- Drivers, Stubbs
- Basis Path Testing
- Software Matrix
- Configuration Management
- Release Management
- Test Harness
1 month (2 hours, Alternate day course for Freshers and non-working candidates)
1 month (4 hours, every Saturday and Sunday on Weekend for Working Professionals)