Tivoli Service Management enables clients to better manage their infrastructure, operations and IT process, to more effectively deliver services aligned to business goals. This course is targeted for system administrators, security architects, application programmers, and identity developers who are responsible for maintaining large numbers of users, groups, and access to specific information resources.
After completing this course, students will be able to accomplish the following:
* Explain the purpose, components and architecture of Tivoli Access Manager.
* Install and configure the Tivoli Access Manager policy server, Web portal manager, and WebSEAL.
* Integrate the common auditing and reporting service (CARS) for e-business reporting.
* Install and configure the session management server (SMS) to manage user sessions.
* Create users, groups, access control lists, and protected object policies to manage the authentication and authorization of users.
* Integrate Tivoli Access Manager into a Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) application framework.
* Customize external authentication interface (EAI) to supply custom authenticated identity information to WebSEAL
Unit 1: Introduction and Overview
Unit 2: Installation and Configuration
Unit 3: Tivoli Access Manager and the User Registry
Unit 4: Managing Access Control
Unit 5: Introduction to WebSEAL
Unit 6: WebSEAL Installation and Configuration
Unit 7: WebSEAL Authentication
Unit 8: WebSEAL Junctions
Unit 9: Single Sign-on
Unit 10: Session Management Server
Unit 11: Logging and Auditing
Unit 12: Producing Reports
Unit 13: Java Authorization Contract for Containers and Java 2 Enterprise Edition
Who will benefit from this course
This course is targeted for system administrators, security architects, application programmers, and identity developers who are responsible for maintaining large numbers of users, groups, and access to specific information resources.
The following list contains the prerequisite knowledge or Tivoli product knowledge an attendee must have prior to attending the course:
* Basic operating-system administrative skills for Linux and Windows
* Basic knowledge of Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
* TCP/IP fundamentals
* Firewall concepts
* Working knowledge of Web protocols (HTTP, XML)
* Basic knowledge of IBM WebSphere Application Server