Wise Package Studio software—the premier application lifecycle management solution—gives you control of your organization’s applications, deployment preparation, and corporate standards. Based on a structured application management, packaging, and a quality assurance process called enterprise software packaging, Wise Package Studio provides everything you need to prepare applications for deployment.
System Administrators, Desktop Designers and Engineers, Consultants and Developers
There aren’t any pre-requisites for the training but a know how of any programming language and familiarity to Windows Operating System is always a plus.
Introduction to Application Packaging
- What is Application Packaging?
- What does a Package consists of?
- What is a Legacy Installer and what are the Disadvantages of it?
- What is Application Re-packaging?
- What are the advantages of Re-packaging the Application?
- Windows Installer Technology
- What are Windows installer and what it consists?
- Windows Installer Features
- Tools Used for creating Windows Installer based Packages
- Wise Package Studio
- Wise Package Studio
- Demo: Wise Package Studio Installation
Introduction to Wise Package Studio
- Various Tools available in Wise Package Studio
- Different Packaging Techniques in Wise Package Studio
- Package Creation Methodologies
- Manual Package Creation
- Demo: Manual Package Creation
- LAB: Manual Package Creation
- Setup Capture
- Introduction to Setup Capture
- Demo: Setup Capture
- LAB: Setup Capture
- Setup Capture Configuration
- What is a Transform?
- What are the advantages of Transforms?
- Command line utility to execute a Transform
- Various Tools used for creating Transform
- Demo: Transform Creation
- LAB: Transform Creation
- Custom Actions
- What are Custom Actions?
- Why Custom Actions are required?
- Various tools used to create Custom Action
- Incorporation CAs into a package
- CA Sequencing & Conditions
- Demo: Custom Action Creation
- LAB: Custom Action Creation
- Miscellaneous Concepts
- “Merge Modules: What, Why & How ?”
- “Patches: What, Why & How ?”
- “Upgrades: What, Why & How ?”
- Admin Options
- Build Options
- Media Options
- Incorporating Pre-requisites into a package
- Active Setup: Self Healing Individual Profile Files & Registry